Briyani, is a fixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. This dish is especially popular throughout the Indian subcontinent, as well as among the diaspora from the region. It is made with Indian spices rices , vegetables or eggs. A garden fresh vegetable biryani, bursting with spices and beautiful in its simplicity !
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup onions-grated
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 cups mixed vegetables-finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp green chillies-chopped fine
- 1 tsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1 cup rice-boiled to almost done
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BIRYANI
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Saute and add the onions, garlic-ginger paste. Saute till brown.
- Add vegetables, stir fry over low heat till half done.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, haldi, salt, chilli powder and green chillies.
- Cook, covered for about 5 minutes and mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander.
- The water should be absorbed by now. Remove half the vegetables and layer with half the rice.
- Cover with the rest of the vegetable mixture and the rice again.
- Leave over low heat, covered for 10 minutes or so and serve garnished with the coriander.